So that hot paper at the end of the bar shot you down. What are you going to do, activate your mammillary bodies in conjunction with your anterior hypothalamus (Wang et al., 2021)? Are you going to let your microglia activate in your anterior cingulate cortex (Cao, Chen, Liu, et al., 2021)?! No! You’re going to make some goat curry and join the journal club as we discuss microglia munchies and mouse obstacle courses! Also, NC-17 drawings.
- 7:40 – Goat accelerometer!
- 16:15 – Early-life inflammation promotes depressive symptoms in adolescence via microglial engulfment of dendritic spines (Cao, Chen, Liu, et al., 2021)
- Primetime for microglia: When stress and infection collide (Ceasrine & Bilbo, 2021)
- 27:45 – A little “light” reading! Optogenetics (Segala and Looger, 2021)
- 40:25 – Coordination of escape and spatial navigation circuits orchestrates versatile flight from threats (Wang et al., 2021)