This episode is brought to you by the color ‘fluorescent green’! The hosts are tangent crazy as they discuss the latest COVID brain research. What are the molecular changes in the COVID brain and could their similarity to Alzheimer’s explain these neurological symptoms? We also learn about Leah’s stance on sexy fish-men, and how she prints with fire. Amielle practices her pilot impressions and divulges the evolutionary importance of crocodiles. Also, when there’s no oxygen, Leah is gay.
- Alzheimer’s-like signaling in brains of COVID-19 patients (Reiken, S. et al., 2022)
- Sympathetic Overstimulation During Critical Illness: Adverse Effects of Adrenergic Stress (Dünser, M. W., & Hasibeder, W. R., 2009)
- Functional neuroimaging studies of sexual arousal and orgasm in healthy men and women: A review and meta-analysis (Stoléru, S. et al., 2012)
- The hunt for red fluorescent proteins (Dance, A., 2021)
- Outro Song: Bein’ Green composed by Joe Raposo
To the best of our abilities, all research for planned discussion is cited orally in the show. Please send any concerns about un-cited material to Miss Behavior Journal Club Headquarters.